Sunday, 23 January 2011

Some tweaking

I noticed yesterday when I was adjusting my front brake that the wheel wasn't running quite true.  Considering the fact that it has had no attention since it was first purchased, that was pretty decent.

Now, I don't own a truing stand, so I decided to just have a go the slightly agricultural way.

Hang the front of the bike up so that the wheel could spin freely - it's amazing how versatile a bench and bar can be - the tighten the brake until it started to catch.  Have a firtle until it wasn't catching any more, tighten the brake a little more - and repeat.

A couple of times!

It's not perfect, but it's good enough for now 

No comments:

Post a Comment