Wednesday 19 January 2011

The Challenge is ON

To ride the Fred Whitton Four Seasons course 10 times in 10 days starting on May 13th.


After a few shenanigans the accommodation logistics have been sorted in principle.  The details have still to be sorted, but there is plenty of time for that. When they are I'll post a link to the lovely place and people that we'll be staying with.

The Fred Whitton Challenge organisation have 
Macmillan Cancer Support as their chosen charity, so for that reason, and because I have experienced the quality of the service they provide in End of Life care, I have made contact with the local organisers to find out what support they can give me to raise the profile of the challenge, and I'm hoping to meet up with a Fund-raising Manager in the next week or so.
I'll put up a donation link once I have one


Any ideas that folk have that I could use to further raise that profile will be gratefully received :-)

OK - any cyclists out there that fancy coming along to heckle and generally take the pi$$ - please let yourselves be known - the more the merrier.
And if you have ever contemplated doing the FW - do come along. The company will be much appreciated :-)



The plan will be to set out from Coniston each day at about 6am

I'll detail the ups and downs of my training here and any training rides that I'll be doing on the course as well.


Right, need to do some work on the Blog.  It's looking a bit bare



No comments:

Post a Comment