Thursday 20 January 2011

All that Glitters is not......

...glitter!


This mornings ride was always going to be a 'time-in-saddle' ride, and I KNEW it was cold and dressed accordingly.
I hadn't quite realised just how icy it was though.  The glittery road surface was mesmerizingly pretty, but a part of my brain still though I was skiing!!


A very small two-wheel slide as I pulled up at a traffic light junction soon disabused me of THAT notion though!


As most of this ride is on minor roads, many of which were still in the shade in the early morning, a degree of circumspection was needed so that I remained upright.  It WAS lovely though.  Cold and crisp and almost completely traffic-free for the vast majority of the ride.
It was slow, but that's OK too - this was all about spending time on the bike - Base Training if you will
So I did 2:44 for the 42 miles.


Depending on the weather tomorrow, I'm planning to do some hill work at Church Stretton on my way to Wales.

No comments:

Post a Comment